Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop Services - 50 Device CALs Instant Licensing (Formerly Terminal Services)
This product includes RDS 50-Pack Device CALs and is digitally delivered to you instantly after purchasing. RDS Client Access Licenses (CALs) was used to install on the RD Licensing server. These RDS CALs are tied to the server, but RDS lets you move them to new hardware if needed.
With Remote Desktop Services (RDS) one of the core virtualization technologies available in Windows Server Microsoft is progressing in its vision to provide the best virtualization platform for accelerating and extending desktop and application deployments from the data center to any device. In addition to the traditional session virtualization scenario (formerly known as “Terminal Services”) Remote Desktop Services is expanding its role to provide an extensible platform for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- User CAL – Grants 1 individual the right to access the terminal server from any of their devices including their workstation in the office, laptop/desktop at home, or mobile device.
- Why User CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have more devices than users. Only 1 user CAL would be required to cover “X” number of devices.
- User CALs are our recommendation. They're cheaper to license and offer more flexibility.
- Device CAL – Grants a specific device the ability to access the terminal server such as a workstation in the office or a tablet used to take customer orders.
- Why Device CAL?
- It will be more cost effective if you have numerous users who all access the same device to remote into the server. This method is typically seen in medical offices or warehouses in which the same device has more than one user throughout the day. You will only need to purchase one CAL for each device instead of numerous user CAL for each user.